Saturday, December 22, 2007

Bubblicious

Thursday and Friday night I bubbled out of poker tournaments. I don't think I played particularly well, especially in the Friday tournament. But playing well is not the point of that particular tournament -- Katitude's Blogger Donkament. The point is to blow off steam from a week's worth of work, kids, and real life. Or a year's worth. I made a laydown of QQ at one point when there was an all-in raise followed by a re-raise all-in. I had them both covered, and was definitely considering re-re-raising all-in. But I guess I must have left my balls in the minivan again. So I ended up finishing 4th, and the top three places paid, and the previous night in the Riverchasers tournament, I finished 6th with either 4 or 5 places paying. Oh well, at least I had fun.

The kids are bouncing off the walls with excitement about Christmas, and we took a ride around town looking at lights after eating dinner at Ixtapa Cantina, voted the Best Mexican Restaurant in the Greater Lexington area. That's because the only competition is breakfast burritos at the McDonalds in the highway rest stop. Anyway, it was a fun time, and the food there is pretty good. I left a nice tip, because "it's 'tis the season."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

C'mon mister man...turn that frown upside down. Get yourself out to that mini-van, pick up those forlorn(ed) cullions, and get back on the horse!