Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Sunset, Sunrise

We finally closed on our old house, after it had been on the market since early May. We moved in April, and have been waiting ever since. On Wednesday afternoon, Dinette picked up the kids, and then I met them over at the old house to put the last of our stuff on the curb. The kids were pretty choked up about it. As I was closing up the cellar, I realized that it was finally clean!! Too bad only the new owners will get to enjoy that cleanliness. Really, there was much more stuff in the cellar when we bought the place than when we sold it. We got rid of a bunch of the previous owner's junk, waterproofed it, took all the hazardous waste to the hazardous waste collection station. We were quite good doobies about it.

Anyway, it was about 6:30 or so as I was driving up the hill to our new house in a woodsy subdivision, and the sun was tequila sunrise color as it set over the semi-distant hills. The view was not quite like this, but since I took this picture out our kitchen window, I knew that I would have many more opportunities to see such sights for the rest of my life. Less than half an hour after I left the old house, the realtor was walking the buyer through for the last time. Sunset on the old, and, finally, sunrise on the new.

No comments: