Thursday, January 17, 2008

Poker update

It has been a while since I posted, but that's OK, because I have very few readers clamoring for content. I've been playing in the Blogger Skill Series and other poker blogger tournaments lately, and kind of avoiding the cash games, partly out of necessity, and partly because my Full Tilt bonus expired in December. I put a small deposit in Poker Stars, so I have a bonus that I'm working on there. I thought it never expired, but apparently it does, so I will have to get back to the cash games on Stars. Which are very good for me so far this year. In just 3 hours of play, I'm up 278 BB -- them's cheatin' stats!

In the tourneys, I've won one - the Blogger Donkament on Friday nights, and tonight came in second in the Riverchasers Online Poker Tour. Tonight, I busted out BamBamCan, among others, turning the nut flush, and avoiding the board pairing on the river to suck out on his flopped set. His wife is Pebbles, of course, and I'm the Bad Puppy. Babykins is a good baby when he's sleeping (or on the rail). In the Skill Series, I haven't done as well, busting out early in the PLO tourney last week, and surviving into the top half in Razz this week. Well, like I said before, I could only improve from where I started. The two cashes leave me in positive territory on tournaments for the year, which is not easy to sustain.

I'm heading out to California in a couple of weeks, and I may try to get in one session at the Bay 101. If not, I will be out in Vegas at the end of March/beginning of April.

I've had to work the last two nights, interrupted only by sleep, and today, a company party. It was at the MIT Museum, which was pretty cool. It was open bar, so of course I drank only water because the wife and dino nuggets were skiing at the time of the party. At least that left me sober enough to work and play poker at the same time. I also won a $50 gift check door prize, so I'm on a roll -- that's going straight to the bankroll.

1 comment:

BamBam said...

Glad to have found you but you're still a Baaaaaaad Puppy!

Now I can stop by from time to time and make sure your collars not too tight !

;o}