Saturday, February 9, 2008

Super Bowl Results, and No Poker

Wow, was I close on my Super Bowl prediction! I got the Giants' halftime and final scores right! Unfortunately, the Patriots scored just 4 touchdowns fewer than my prediction. So good game Giants, they certainly deserved the win. As in the Patriots' first Super Bowl win, no one gave the Giants a chance, and they pulled it out in the last minute. I missed the reaction of the Boston fans, and didn't even have time to read the Globe online on Monday. Personally, I am appalled by the videotaping revelations, but don't think it had much if anything to do with their 3 previous Super Bowl wins. I think they will still be the team to beat in the AFC next year, assuming an upgrade to their linebacking crew.

I was literally the last person to board the plane -- as I walked up to the gate, the gate person said my name, and I said, "Yep." (Strangely, on the way back, I could have been literally the first passenger on the plane, if I had wanted to shove my way around a couple that needed a little assistance getting on the plane. They had given my seat to two people, so they offered me the aisle seat in the front row, with preboarding and a free drink. But I'm very cognizant of asshole-y behavior when traveling, and so decided not to walk around these innocent people.) Jet Blue is nice, but it's starting to lose its luster a little. The TVs were great a few years ago, but now I notice that the resolution sucks. They only come around once or twice to serve drinks, and the selection is awful. I guess decent beer in a can is an oxymoron, Guinness excepted. The flight was 6 hours and 20 minutes across the country -- geez that's a long time.

I took a few barely legible notes during the game, including these gems:

5:10 Stuck straw up nose

Nat. anthem - just sing it FFS - Fenway incident (Hmm, which Fenway incident was I thinking of? Probably the time Michael Bolton forgot the lyrics.)

Fucking sneezers - bastards!!! (Between two cross-country flights and 6 buffet meals, I'll be lucky if I don't catch a virus.)

We're in Utah Nevada

17-14 Giants - We're in California

GG Giants


I did not get to play poker at Bay 101, as my VP (who also plays poker) set up an event at a pool hall on the only open evening. Hmm, $20 cab fare each way, plus lose $100 at 3-6 limit, or free beer and schmooze with VP? Free beer wins.

No comments: