Sunday, February 3, 2008

Super Bowl Prediction

I'll be flying out to California during the Super Bowl(TM) today, and this time, the TV's should be working. I am planning to get in some live poker at Bay 101 on Thursday night, so I am bring my copy of Small Stakes Hold 'em to read on the plane. However, this time, I actually played some limit holdem before heading out to the poker room. I opened up a few lowest-limit tables on Full Tilt, and tried to concentrate on a) playing reasonably tight; b) folding bad draws in small pots; c) value betting my good hands, including draws in larger pots; and d) not bluffing. I made a small profit over a couple of hours, and felt I played well. I find live (limit) poker to be much more difficult than online. The action is very fast-paced during the hand, and it's hard for me to make a plan for the hand while trying not to interrupt the flow of the game. In online, I can take as long as I want, up to 15 seconds. That's a huge amount of time to look at opponents' stats, figure out pots odds and make a plan. I typically only play one table online, so I can concentrate when I'm in a hand. Good luck me.

I predict the Patriots will win the Super Bowl by a final score of 42-17. The halftime score will be 35-3. The score after the first 6 minutes will be 14-0, with Moss and Stallworth each scoring a touchdown. No breasts will be exposed.

Gotta go finish packing now.

Super Bowl is a registered trademark of the National Football League.

2 comments:

BamBam said...

Well you were close there Baaaaaad Puppy !

KajaPoker said...

i sure hope you didn't put your money where your mind was...