Thursday, May 29, 2008

Bankroll management

I definitely have a problem with bankroll management. Before we went to Europe, I stashed my bancake in a file folder, and then forgot where I put it. No problem, I haven't been playing any live poker, so I didn't miss it. I think just before we left, I made a deposit on Poker Stars, and made a mental note to transfer the cash from my bancake to my lunch money or to the wife's lunch money, or whatever. OK, fine. The other day, I went to make the transfer, and couldn't find it anywhere. I went through all the usual hiding places, and finally, it dawned on me as I was coming downstairs after having cleaned out my sock drawer for the third time, I put it in a file somewhere! So I quickly dug it out, made the transfer to my pocket, and put it back in its regular hiding place. (I'm not sure why I felt the cleaners would my money while we were in Europe; we're often not here when they are, and they've never taken it before.)

Later, changed into shorts, because it was a warm day, and I had to drive my son to baseball practice or a game. I stuck the lunch money in my shorts, just in case. The next morning, I brought the laundry down, and went to work with no lunch money! Oh, I also had to renew my license, so it's a good thing they take credit cards! The next day I also went to work with no lunch money! I stopped at the ATM machine and entered my PIN number. Finally when I got home that night, I went down and fished my money out of my shorts. This is the second time in the last few weeks that I have had to rescue wads of twenties from the laundry -- the first time, the machine was running, and I had to stop it just in time. Those laundered bills are always a little smaller, I guess because they use cotton in the paper.

Sheesh, what a dope.

3 comments:

The Stamping Dragon said...

That's what happens when you get old.

Magdalen said...

Fess up, that entire anecdote was concocted to lull your poker opponents into underestimating you! You sly dog, you...

Barbara Carr said...

WADS of twenties for LUNCH money?!?!? I got tuna for $1.49.