Friday, May 30, 2008

Lost

OK, I'm not Lost, but I have watched the show since the beginning, and I'm still very confused. If you enjoy the show, and want to get unconfused about it, check out Julius Goat's blog. His commentary is often incisive and always funny. He promises to have an uber-post up by tomorrow or so. In the meantime, you can catch up on all the Lost episodes from the past.


I'm going to play in Kat's Donkament tonight, as she has promised to continue the tradition. Yay! Thanks Kat!

I've played a few Pot-Limit Omaha Hi-Lo Turbo Sit-n-Go tournaments lately, and have been doing OK. In one instance, I mistakenly signed up for a Holdem tournament instead, and won that one. However, in the BBT3, I've been doing terribly lately. I busted out on the first hand of one tournament. It was my first and only hand of No-limit Omaha Hi-Lo -- this was a while ago, but I'll try to remember. I had T987, with 2 suits, and I said to myself, Oh no, this is not going to be pretty. I limped, someone raised, the big blind called, and I called. This is not a great hand because of all the middle cards, but it's such a tempting hand, because you can have a ton of draws. Of course the flop gave me the flush, an open-ended straight flush draw, and two pair for a draw to a full house. I bet out and the big blind called. Not great for me, as this should have signaled me that he had a higher flush. The turn gave me 3 pair and one more out, for a total of 7 as it turns out. The big blind bet, and I pushed all in, and of course my opponent called with the nut flush plus a low draw. The river gave me 4 pair, as I couldn't suck out, and lost all my chips on my only hand ever of NLO8. That gives me a winrate of -10,000 big blinds per 100 hands lifetime in NLO8.

The last tournament of the BBt3 is this Sunday, in Miami Don's Big Game. I guess I'll try to win a token and see if I can cash in the last tournament.

No comments: